Adopt a building
We are developing a program where individual churches can adopt a building. Two of these buildings we call 6003 and 6009.
Let us introduce you to 6003 through a tenant, Tizir:
And next door at 6009, through a tenant, Sharon:
What does “adopting a building” look like? Churches are invited to work with Cornerstone to develop projects for the congregation to work on. Some possibilities:
- Getting to know tenants who want that kind of contact, providing gifts at Christmas, or help with various needs
- Naming the building and putting up a plaque with the name on it
- Choosing paint colors for the front door, hallways, and so on. Painting murals?
- Providing volunteer labor for painting and other projects
- Doing fundraisers for building needs, such as a new roof or fixing the fire escape (our buildings are historic)
- Creating play spaces in the back yard. Two of our buildings share a back yard that is big enough for a soccer field. Soccer, anyone? Coaching soccer?
- Joining the New City Fellowship tutoring program which tutors many of the children of our tenants